Saturday, February 12, 2011

Military Spouses - Part 1: Spouses in general

OK, so here we are. I told you what I was going to write about and I bet you thought I chickened out. You must be thinking, "there's no way this person's going to write about military spouses....there's just no way". Well, you'd be wrong. And why wouldn't I? Is it really this big huge secret that I'd be letting out? Hell no!

The direct correlation between high school and military spouses is uncanny. You've pretty much got every group from high school like the popular ones, the ones that think they're popular (wannabes), the shy ones, the bitches, the sluts and so on.

The sad thing is that this isn't high school any more and age doesn't seem to matter. You can be a 40 year old that "thinks" they're still the popular one. It's really quite pathetic. You have to watch out for all of them because, like high school, they can turn on you in an instant and stab you in the back.....or right in the face even. The worst ones are the shy quiet ones, because for some reason they are attracted to the popular or wannabe popular ones and they'll do anything to get in with them. So they're just sitting back being "friends" with everyone and people start trusting them, but now they know your secrets!  Who do you think they're gonna tell? Yup, your secret is out and it's to the last ones that you ever wanted to know about it.

This is the most unfortunate group....the sluts. In high school, whatever. Now, you're married! A big deployment comes up and for some reason you see all these women at the bars and clubs with tan lines on their left ring fingers. A lot of guys don't care, cause their trying to get pussy and now's a great chance.

I was TDY and a group of us were going out, along comes a car to the right of our van and three women flash us and yell that their husbands just deployed......we were still on base!  Are you kidding me?!

WE ARE NOT IN HIGH SCHOOL ANYMORE!!! STOP BEING SO DAMN PATHETIC!

Thank you for reading Military Spouses - Part 1: Spouses in general

Next installment of Military Spouses will be Part 2: Enlisted Spouses.

We all love comments and I think that comments on this subject will be particularly interesting, but watch out with what you say, I don't want to censor anything.




4 comments:

  1. First of all: The way you paint it makes any spouse at all look like they are just waiting to %&#@ someone else. Yes, some tend to get married rather early and then find out they want something else. On base this seems to be because most unmarried Americans on base will tend to be dependents and that is who they will meet more. An example: The way it's all set up you get young airmen who just turned old enough to enter the military probably going there right from mom and dads place. Then you get stuck in another state or country with mostly strangers. Then it's kinda like home. you do chores and work on things someone else tells you you need to do. You don't pay for the apartment or house you live in. You get a nice wad of cash. It's just like an extension of living at Moms. You might not want to leave base to meet girls so you tend to go to the club here to meet them and they tend to be either married or rather young dependents. Maybe you meet a nice one off base, who knows. All in all tho, you don't have all the responsibilities someone does who needs to make ends meet with rent, utilities, insurances and all the good stuff that you will learn about the hard way later in life. well...I do go on and on, but the point is: married too young and not responsible enough to think it through and make it work after the pheromones have worn off!

    I am not saying it can't work or that many are like this, but I have seen a lot of this in my time. I am married to a former dependent myself, but I have lived by myself for years and know how to keep things afloat. Neither me nor my wife would be looking for "Fun" if the other had to leave for a deployment.

    P.S.- Have you noticed also how hard the military makes it for married couples to get divorced even if anyone sane can see it can't work anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also hate the "checklist" of life that many airmen see all around them. Join the military - check. Move out of the dorms - check. Find a significant other - check. MARRY the significant other - check. Have babies - check. Deploy - WTF, OMG! I have to deploy?! OMG, WTF!? My wife/husband is leaving me for 6 months?! WHAT AM I GONNA DO!!! OH GOD! I CAN'T BE ALONE!!

    Some people just don't get that NO ONE is safe from staying behind anymore... we're all going to get sent off, and some for longer than others. It's the weak couples who will end up in the cheating/divorced situation because they just didn't think things through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good article and so true!
    Here a recent conversation:
    "hey what's up?"
    "My husband is TDY"
    "ok..."
    "We should get together for a drink or so"
    "Sorry, I will spend the week end with my wife"
    "oh really, but why?"....

    So WTF Spangdahlem...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I are one of the few we know that are faithfully married..I think this blog is so funny. So many things I read are things I think all the time..Its so sad how true this post is.

    ReplyDelete